You're Making Me Blush | Stila Aqua Glow Watercolor Blush


Back in December 2016 I received an ULTA gift card for Christmas and I finally got around to taking a trip to the store. Better late than never right? I probably shouldn't tell you that it's also practically across the street from me. Nevertheless, as I walked through the aisles I came across this liquid blush by Stila. It's called Aqua Glow Watercolor Blush and is in the color Shimmering Lotus.


Let's start with the packaging. The packaging is simple and compact. It's a netted pot with a gold top and a clear, plastic bottom that imitates glass. I especially liked this because you can just pop it in your handbag or makeup bag and be on your way.




As for the actual product, I found that it really lived up to its reviews. This color, Shimmering Lotus, has a nice pink, peachy pigment to it that I felt complimented my (pale as a ghost) face really well. Unfortunately, because I've never used a liquid blush before and wasn't expecting that great of a pigment, I added a little too much (better luck next time). Therefore, it should be noted that a little does go a long way with this blush, which I actually like since you won't run out of product as fast and you're able to build upon the blush to get that perfect color. What I liked most about this blush was that it looks very natural and not cakey like some powdered blushes are prone to do if too much is put on or if you have dry skin like me.

Since this is a liquid blush, my biggest concern was that it would leave my skin feeling sticky. This however wasn't the case at all. What I did find, that is a minor problem with this product, is that if you're not careful, it can get quite messy. I found that by using your finger to first apply the product to your face, then using a blush brush to blend the product in diminishes this problem significantly.

With that being said, I'm extremely impressed with this product. It looks and feels great. Not to mention it works well with my skin type, which is usually dry and sensitive making it troublesome for me to find the right products.

Stila has five of these available, Water Blossom (Pink Violet), Shimmering Lotus (Goldy Pink), Water Poppy (Red), Rosewater (Pale Pink), and Water Lily (Rose Pink). Stila is also Cruelty-Free!

Nicole
X

2 comments

  1. These photos look stunning! What camera do you use? Btw I love your Blog layout! The flowers at the top look so pretty!
    Xo Victoria-Maria
    www.vidcaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I use the Canon EOS Rebel T3i/EOS 600D, it's an older version, but it still gets the job done.

      Delete

Don't be shy, I enjoy reading your comments, so feel free to leave one!