Goodbye, April Showers | April Favorites



April was a busy month for me and I didn't really have time to go shopping for anything other than essentials. But at the beginning of the month I was able to make a quick trip to Marshalls and found some great deals! Out of everything I purchased, I found two products in particular that I absolutely love and will mostly definitely be purchasing again.


The first item is by the brand ecotools and they're makeup brush cleansing cloths. Funny thing, I actually found these at Ulta, about three stores down, and almost bought them, but for some reason I just couldn't get myself to pay the $8. Lo and behold, I found the exact same item at Marshalls for $3 bucks! Of course these shouldn't be a permanent fix for an actual brush scrubbing pad, but I felt they were perfect for in between brush cleanings. They did their job great and if you tend to travel a lot these are definitely a must have in your makeup bag.



This last item, I was extremely impressed by. It's a coconut water face mist by the brand Pearlessence. Usually I tend to stray away from face mists all together. Often times I feel like I can get more from just spraying regular tap water on my face, but this was only $6 and I decided to just go for it. Not to mention it comes in a glass bottle and not a usually overpriced, cheap plastic one. To my surprise I felt it actually worked. When I used it without makeup it was refreshing to my skin, gave it a glow too, and also smelled good. When I used it with makeup, I noticed that I tended to have a 'fresher' looking face of makeup by the end of the day even without touch ups. Even though this isn't advertised as a skin tighten spray, I could still feel a difference with my skin in that it felt tighter after I sprayed this. The only downside, if you're sensitive to fragrances this does come with a potent coconut scent, but once it's dried you can hardly tell. 


This April favorites was pretty simple and since next month is my birthday and when I'll be completed with finals, hopefully I'll have more items to share with you! Writing this post also reminded me to always check the beauty section at Marshalls as you never know what you might find. If you're also always on the search for new ethical beauty products to try out like I am, note that these products are both cruelty-free/not tested on animals!

Nicole
X

2 comments

  1. Wow I've never seen cloths for brushes this is quite interesting. I've heard of this brand before it's really good apparently I will need to check them out!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, their brushes are pretty decent too!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I enjoy reading your comments, so feel free to leave one!