Food for the Skin | Current Skincare Routine


When it comes to skincare, I like to keep it simple, and as you can see from the photo, I will only be talking about three main products that I've come to love. My skin has always been fairly dry, so often times it's usually hard for me to find products that actually provide that layer of hydration that is needed. If your skin is anything like mine, then hopefully this post can provide you with an insight into what products you can try out too!



I start off my routine by using face wash. I started using face wash around 11 years old and for about eight years I've never used any other face wash than the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash. Keep in mind that I never really payed too much attention to my skins needs until this year, when I finally realized that my face wash may play a key role in my dry skin (gee, it only took me eight years). So, I finally decided it was time to ditch my Neutrogena face wash and try Aveeno's Active Naturals Positively Radiant Brightening Cleanser (with moisture-rich soy extract). I have to admit, my skin has changed dramatically with this face wash and while I still have dry skin from time to time, it's not as terrible as it used to be.

After my face wash, I apply some moisturizer. The moisturizer I use is from Boscia and it's their Oil-free Daily Hydration Broad Spectrum SPF 15 moisturizer. What I love most about this moisturizer is that it adds just the right amount of hydration and it's very lightweight.

Lastly, I use my Coconut Water Face Mist from Pearlessence. If I decide to wear makeup then I skip this step until the very end. If not, then this step will come right after I've used the Boscia moisturizer. I've already talked about this face mist in my April Favorites post so I don't want to get too repetitive talking about this product, but basically I love to use it as an extra layer of hydration.

Just like that, I'm out the door and off on my way to do whatever needs to be done. Like I said before, while I've learned a few new things on how to take better care of my skin, I still like to keep the products I use to a minimum. So, there we have it, my current skincare routine. I hope you found this post interesting and let me know if you have any recommendations for other skincare products.

Nicole
X

No comments

Don't be shy, I enjoy reading your comments, so feel free to leave one!